Monday, June 22, 2009

Monster Session

Well I finally had some time to myself so I decided to put in a nice session. Won $2100 over $1800 in BIs. I ran pretty good but bubbled out of a couple tourneys including the 75k(163), 20re and 28k(26). All three of these tourneys I lost huge pots at the end.

20re bust 38th - 36 paid - Was mass tabling. Villain was a huge donk but if I noticed how close to the bubble I was might have been able to make a tight fold
75k bust 96th - 63 paid - Was really low on chips from a beat earlier but felt villain's range was wide enough to go for the double with the dead money in the pot
28k bust 174th - 162 paid - We were both pretty big stacked and I felt that this guy was folding most of his range here except AK AA KK and QQ. Felt my bet looked really strong and would fold out most hands and felt like if he called me I was most likely flipping. Pot would have put me top 5 but can't win every flip.

Had two final tables also:

3rd in the HA tourny. Went out KKAx to AAxx.



Had 12BB and went out in a BvB battle with A3s against villains AJ. Sigh.
Loses:
This one kinda sucked - Villain was a huge donk but I really didn't have him on a flush at the river. Probaly should have bet the turn but I don't think this particular player would have went anywhere.
Busto - Maybe could have found a fold there but thought there was a lot of KQs, KJs and other random hands in his range. Felt like a double up would have put me in too good of a spot on this table to pass.

These absolute rebuys are crazy. A lot of people single buy so you have to play quite a bit different compared to stars/FTP rebuys. Also they have a double rebuy option which gets you really deep and adds to the prize pool.

Currently I'm playing a bunch of the steps on Absolute. Got a bunch of step 7 and 8 tickets. Hopefully I can turn those into some live events. Really want to play in the Aruba tourny.

No comments:

Post a Comment